Medior / Senior Back-end developer PHP
Wat we bieden
Wat we bieden
Do you know what it takes for software development to serve 1 billion users by 2025? Do you want to play a fundamental role in the success of AAA games? We are looking for highly qualified developers to help us bring our scalability to the next level.
As a fast growing Game Hosting company, we are looking to grow all our Agile Development teams with Back-end PHP developers on medior and senior level. Our main challenges are:
- Making sure gamers from all over the world can play their most favorite games without any interruptions. This requires high availability and reliability of our API that needs to provide game server data to match makers on a continuous basis.
- Build advanced dashboards based on huge amounts of data to be used by our worldwide customers so they can keep a close look on the performance of their hosting services.
- Continuously increasing our services portfolio, by adding our in-house CDN and anti-cheat to our self-service portal.
- Deploying game servers in a matter of minutes to every corner of the world without delay.
- Handle a big influx of players by automatically scaling into multiple clouds, such as GCP, AWS, Azure in addition to our own Bare metal servers.
Together with the rest of the development team, the UX designer and the Product Owner you define the technical solutions to these challenges. We believe the hosting solution forms the fundamental basis of the success of a game and we rely on our developers to make sure we offer a stable and reliable platform. As software developer at i3D.net you can truly make a difference in the success of AAA games.
· You have a passion for PHP and follow the latest developments in your expertise. You also have relevant experience with the use of PHP frameworks, such as Phalcon, Laravel, and/or Symphony.
· We intensively make use of Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and Docker. Experience with any of these is preferred; experience Kubernetes is a plus.
· You have experience with Microservices architecture and preferably also with the design patterns involved in this.
· You have experience with OOP, and RESTful API interfaces.
· Experience with writing unit tests, TDD and CI/CD are a plus.
· You know how to work with GIT workflows.
· You are experienced in working in a team and have an Agile mindset.
· You have at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Our Agile Development teams are self-organizing. So, you are not only a highly technically skilled person, but you are also a team player with good communication and coordination skills. You know all about the Agile mindset and enjoy taking responsibility. We are continuously looking for ways to improve and therefore expect you take the initiative to help us improve.
- You take responsibility of the development of our Game Hosting Platform.
- Together with the team you translate complex functional requirements and features into a technical design and architecture.
- You play an active role in the development team. We value the input of any team member, junior, medior or senior. We believe software development is a team effort and every team member's voice matters.
- Also, you take care of close collaboration between Front-end and Back-end and Test Engineer in a proactive way. In the end you are all responsible for making the sprint goal.
- You take part in overall software development improvement initiatives that are a combined effort with the other development teams.
- As a senior you also coach and assist junior and medior colleagues by sharing your knowledge and experience.
In deze baan vind je:Specialisme & Creativiteit & Diepgang
Wat we bieden
Working during the pandemic is a challenge, but we can proudly say we have met that challenge head-on. Despite the distance, we can collaborate, bond, and get you settled. You’ll also have the freedom to structure your days, work times, and environment. If you feel safer working from home, take advantage of our budget for your home office equipment. Alternatively, feel free to use our Rotterdam office, including the fully equipped gym, kitchen, and gaming room (whilst complying with social distancing measures, of course).
i3D.net is a leading provider of high-performance, low-latency hosting through a vast, privately-owned global network. As game sector veterans, we know what it takes for a network to withstand heavy demands, and as of 2019, we are a member of the Ubisoft family. During these uncertain times, we have continued to expand faster than ever, keeping some of the world’s biggest games and VoIP providers online, and their users connected.