Manager R&D Projects / Operations
Zign Innovations Nieuwegein
As Manager R&D Projects, it is your goal to continuously improve our skills, competences and our processes in order to successfully deliver complex product development projects to our customers. Our projects typically vary in size from 50k to 1,5 mln budget and it is your ultimate goal to drive the delivery these projects successfully. In short, you achieve this by:
- Composing, managing and continuously developing our teams of highly skilled people
- Providing the right tools and processes
- Showing exemplary drive in getting results as a team
You lead our hardware and software development teams and our project managers. As a leader, you are responsible for the success and joy in work of our people. You motivate and develop your team by providing regular feedback. Learning, supporting each other and taking risk and responsibility are critical to our success. You maintain an open and safe culture where mistakes are opportunities to learn and where we collectively grow.
You are process oriented and you want to continuously improve our development processes. For every team, we have organized a competence lead with whom you will work closely to realize continuous improvement. You take the initiative for improvement and drive this process. To this end, you will set up planning, targets and KPI reporting. You are a change agent and you effectively manage and implement change and you make results visible as part of your change management approach. You are a member of the management team and work closely together with the team to formulate and execute the strategy of Zign Innovations. You work in close collaboration with the directors of the company.
Your responsibilities consist of:
- All people management related responsibilities such as coaching, hiring, performance management, etc.
- Being the first point of contact of our people,
- Maintaining an open and safe culture where mistakes are opportunities to learn and where we collectively grow and learn,
- Managing the allocation of resources over the project portfolio,
- You manage and implement new processes, procedures, structures, etc. (change management)
- You have experience with managing product development processes. Experience with software development is a MUST have, with electronics hardware is a SHOULD have
- You have experience in leading highly qualified engineers, as a manager, or at least as a lead engineer (MUST have)
- You can easily switch between (tactical) management level and daily operational level
- You are process oriented and you enjoy continuous improvement. You make results visible
- You have programming and/or hardware development experience
- You have project management experience in software development or product development projects
- You know how to effectively manage change and you have the leadership skills for it
- Technical BA/MA degree: electrical engineering, computer science or similar
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
Furthermore, you are characterized as:
- Result and quality oriented
- Taking initiative
As a leader, you are:
- Stimulating and motivating
- Convincing but respectful
- Open and honest
- Energetic, flexible and dynamic
Je wordt gedreven doorKennis & Leiderschap & Structuur
Wat we bieden
This is a great opportunity to have significant influence in the building of our company. Your contribution is critical for success. If you have the ambition and show real leadership, you can grow fast with us. We have an excellent team of highly motivated and skilled engineers. We want to maintain and build on this and you are the key to succeed. You will have plenty of opportunity to develop yourself and to create. Our company is characterized by short lines, a lot of flexibility, enthusiastic colleagues and an informal atmosphere. We work for appealing international customers, from consumer electronics to high-quality industrial equipment.
Zign Innovations is a young and ambitious company focused on the development of innovative products for appealing clients from various sectors. We help our customers to introduce new products and services by realizing technological breakthroughs. Specifically, we specialize in electronics and embedded software development. We are growing fast and therefore looking for a talented Manager R&D Projects to join our team. We are a very non-hierarchical organisation and this role will work closely together with the directors to manage the company to achieve our ambition to grow from 20 FTE now to 35-40 FTE in three years. Do you have a passion for product development and are you looking for a job in which you can make a significant contribution in building a great company? Please contact us!