Lead Ruby on Rails Developer
Remark International B.V. Amsterdam
Wat we bieden
Wat we bieden
You will be responsible to lead and grow the team of developers in the Solutions team and under our Chief Solutions Officer define ReMark’s technology architecture.
The Lead Ruby on Rails Developer is responsible for the following:
· Translating business needs into technical solutions.
· Managing and building a team of front-end and back-end developers
· Responsible for architecting secure and performant web and mobile applications using Ruby on Rails, PSQL or MySQL.
· Participation in the entire application lifecycle; architect, build and maintai, efficient, reuseable, scalable and reliable Ruby code
· Ensure code quality, performance, organization and automatizion, i.e. automated testing
· To support development operations in terms of Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud.
· The ability to compile and analyze data, processes and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas of improvement
· Present results to stakeholders; clearly communicate complex topics
· Thorough knowledge of Ruby on Rails with a minimum of 5 years full time development experience
· Expert knowledge with various engines such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc.
· Strong ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Experience working with JS frameworks such as React, Angular etc.
· Experience with app architecture on Cloud and Cloud infrastructures e.g Amazon, Google Cloud, AliCloud (including Docker and Kubernetes)
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
· Broad experience of MVC, Mocking, ORM and Restful
· Proficient understanding of continuous integration
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
· Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Strong understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Native verbal and written level of English.
· Collaborative attitude and experience working with cross-functional teams.
· Stickler for high-quality code and clean architecture.
· Good communication skills and creative thinking.
· Comfortable working in an Agile way, and to self-manage tasks and work flow
· Building a strong rapport with his/her development team
· Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them. Looks for new and productive ways to make an impact
· Produces clear, complete and professional forms of documentation and communication in writing that meet the needs of the intended audience
· Exceptional interpersonal skill; Initiative, self-confident, strong team player
· Excellent command of English (working language)
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
Nice to have
· Experience with dev ops is a plus
· Experience with mobile development is a plus
· Knowledge of ML models; text mining, artificial intelligence, and supervised/unsupervised machine learning techniques
In deze baan vind je:Energie & Invloed & Specialisme
Wat we bieden
· Competitive salary and benefits
· 13th month
· Extended Life Insurance & Company Pension Plan
· Training opportunities
· Working in a global, entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ environment within the established SCOR Group
“Life is precious. We value Life” is an engaging purpose for all at ReMark. With 36 years insurance marketing know-how enabling insurance technology solutions in underwriting, administration and customer engagement.
We seek to Reimagine Life and positively influence society in the field of Health & Wellness and contribute setting new standards for sustainable living with the peace of mind insurance provides.
As part of the SCOR Group, a global reinsurer headquartered in France, ReMark is a global InsurTech solutions provider focused on bringing the best consumer experience.