Netwerk en IT Infrastructuur Engineer
The Energy Services Operations team “builds and runs” Energy Services in production in various countries.
The Energy team is seeking a new colleague that will be responsible for the end-to-end Energy Services Operations and build tools to help with configuration management, monitoring, cybersecurity, etc.
The Energy Services Operations Manager will be responsible for making sure that all Energy Services are running and maintained. He/she will have to make sure that processes are in place to detect and report any malfunctioning on central platforms and on remote sites, and take appropriate actions throughout various internal teams or external services providers to get any problem resolved within pre-defined priority timing.
This role will require you to understand telecommunication platforms architectures and how to run IT SaaS platforms, using modern techniques. The tasks are mainly system administration, deployment, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
In this role, your goal will be, on the first hand, to maintain and monitor our pre-production and production infrastructure, plan and prepare product pro-active upgrade (new product delivery, infrastructure upscaling, network optimization) based on R&D and CSO (Customer Support Center) events raised.
The technical environment includes Linux distributions, monitoring technologies, IP networking, scripting development.
Your role is to instruct the first line support team how to resolve common issues, based upon standard operational guidelines & monitor the correct execution of these guidelines. You will manage this team as to find and resolve any blocking issues that would prevent this first line Operation.
Your role is to monitor for problems with remote sites and manage the second line interventions by the Energy Delivery team or local external Installation Partners on the Customer sites within pre-defined priority timing.
You will play an important role in analysing and testing any launch of new services or service changes that must be put into production (following a gating process), as to guarantee that these changes are not impacting the existing running services (in terms of SLA, security, process, documentation, monitoring, platform performance). You will work closely with all other teams to check for any potential risk and report back to management team.
You will provide input from Operations perspective during product design. You will facilitate the delivery of Service implementation or upgrades to the project teams and provide validation resulting in acceptance documents and Operational guidelines.
Your skills and profile
● This position requires, at a minimum, a BS in Engineering (with emphasis in a telecommunication software engineering discipline).
● 3-8 years of software experience, preferably in System Admin and/or IP Networking deployment or support.
● You have experience with managing a team.
● You have been implementing & driving new processes in an organisation.
● Have an In-depth understanding of Network and Data Center deployment and operations of a geo-redundant platform (SAAS or hosted) is required.
● Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration and C system software on UNIX/Linux, scripting.
● Strong working knowledge in communication/networking protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP, IPsec, routing protocols...) is required.
● SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) oriented will be a plus.
● Experience with hosting and monitoring tools and protocols.
● Knowledge of secure tunnelling concepts (IPSec) and PKI certificate authority deployment, automation tools skills would be a plus.
● Prior support or project engineering experience in Cloud Computing network and telecom infrastructures is a significant advantage.
● Must have strong communication skills in Dutch, French and English, both verbal and written. Must be able to clearly communicate with system integrator, sales and customer support team members to identify and resolve customer challenges.
● Must enjoy interacting with customers to understand technical requirements, solve problems and manage relationships.
● You love to learn new things every day and accelerate DevOPS tools.
● “Get things done” & “Problem solver” mindset, able to deep dive in details.
Energy Service Pre-sale Phase:
Handle platform related Technical questions during the sales process in the pre-sale phase to analyse the feasibility of the proposed energy services by sales to the client from a platform and operational point of view.
Pre-production & Production Phase:
● Be the second line of contact for network production support issues and manage timely delivery of solutions,
● Involved in the pre-production platforms and plan product testing and validation phase.
● Involved in the 1st line supervision tools and associated procedure with the help of the IT Infrastructure experts.
● Produce and maintain technical documentation, including technical application notes and knowledge database.
● Involved in escalation procedure as required to ensure timely resolution according to customer SLAs as well as part of the 24/7 on call duty team for critical outage.
● Perform system installations, migrations and upgrades & produce and maintain automation DevOPS tools.
● Be the second line of contact for production support issues (after handling by CSO) and manage timely delivery of software solutions to the customers,
● Assist internal Customer Support (CSO) & external Operation Engineers of our Service Providers in case of blocking issues.
● Monitor the alarms and incidents, maintain the internal supervision system and pro-actively advice for system scalability update.
● Manage the network connection between hardware devices such as PLCs installed on-premise and the platform software in our Data Centers.
● Proceed to system investigation, update or recovery in team with the R&D.
● Maintain our Diagnose & Repair guidance with the help of R&D.
Je wordt gedreven door
Wat we bieden
● We offer an attractive salary package.
● We encourage innovation in new Energy Services and inspire through interesting projects.
● We support training possibilities.
● We promote (inter)national mobility and flexible working hours.
● We create a sense of community through team events.
Flexcity / Actility Energy is a uniquely positioned energy technology company in the Internet of Energy. It is a leading demand response aggregator in the France/Benelux region and rapidly growing and expanding to new regions. Flexcity / Actility Energy’s core activity consists of supporting to balance the power grid through the operation and automated control of a large portfolio of flexible assets.
The portfolio of Flexcity / Actility Energy is constituted of a large diversity of technologies such as batteries, distributed generation and large industrial processes. Flexcity / Actility Energy is even capable of integrating renewable energy sources in their portfolio and providing new potential revenue streams to emerging technologies.
As a provider of smart energy management platform services based on innovative Smart Grid technology, its applications focus on demand optimization and management. These services include Demand Response, Load Shifting in a Smart Grid context. Flexcity / Actility supports industrial companies to reduce electricity costs by providing demand-side management services based on innovative optimization and modelling software applications.
Actillity Energy is really at the cutting edge of energy innovation. As a member of the team, you will contribute to a sustainable low carbon energy sector. You will also get in touch with several innovative and state-of-the art technologies such as Internet of Things, machine learning and blockchain.