Jobs & Media Group Amsterdam en groningen
Your job as a data engineer is to provide your colleagues with the right information so that they can do theirs. By collecting internal and external information into our data lake you will extend our resources. And by transforming this information into useful datasets in the data warehouse, you provide your colleagues with the right information so they can find the best match between candidate and vacancy.
Your day starts with checking any new tickets for requests about a specific dataset by one of your colleagues. For example, the advertisement spends for the marketing team, the phone records for the sales team or the amount of placed candidates for management. You check the data lake if any of this information is already available and if so, you will create a script to create the dataset in the data warehouse with the requested information.
Not yet available? You’ll then start your research on where to find it and determine the best way to collect the data. Next you create a data model and the script for collecting, so it’s available for future purposes.
Furthermore, you manage and maintain the data lake and datawarehouse and create datastreams to collect any requested data periodically and automatically.
Tasks and responsibilities
● Integrate internal and external datasets with data lake
● Integrate derivative datasets into data warehouse
● Managing and monitoring datastreams
● Optimizing and debugging datastreams
● Monitoring quality and integrity of data and definitions
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Informatica
- Analytical and logical thinking skills
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing
- Experience with ETL tooling (Pentaho Data Integration is an advantage)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python, Java, PHP or other programming language
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team, and with other teams throughout the organization
- Strong listening skills, to understand various opinions and perspectives
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral, both Dutch and English)
- Experience with version management (Git) and project management (Jira) is an advantage
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud is an advantage
- Experience with Power BI or similar tooling is an advantage
Je wordt gedreven doorBetekenis & Creativiteit & Kennis
Wat we bieden
- A competitive salary
- Flexibility in working hours (in consultation)
- 25 vacation days a year
- Working in a growing company with ambition
- The opportunity to take inspiring projects to an even higher level
You will work within the Development department (currently 5 FTEs, with expansion plans) in Amsterdam. Your colleagues work at the same location and in Groningen.