Business & Analytics Consultant
As Business & Analytics Consultant you are a key player to advise our customers based on business process analyses, data analytics initiatives and optimization models. You will continuously engage with clients to fully understand their business challenges, manage expectations and support them in the best possible and tailored way.
Starting from a business challenge for improvement, you will analyze the challenge and its root causes in detail, by attending stakeholder interviews & workshops. Typically, data will also be used to better understand the processes and the potential for improvement. You will be trained in applying data analytics and data dashboarding to define & translate data into valuable models and decision supporting tools. You will also be involved in the coordination between IT and operations, translating business needs into functional requirements. This involves aligning with all stakeholders, analyzing processes, documenting procedures and pro-actively search for business opportunities at the client.
You will be part of our team of consultants, responsible to find creative solutions to challenges faced by our top-class customers like Brussels Airport, Bpost, Infrabel, Katoennatie, Port of Antwerp and many others. Thanks to your growing experience, you will be able to quickly add value to our team of highly skilled and motivated consultants.
- An ambitious professional who is challenged by working in a unique rapidly changing environment.
- You are business oriented and therefore like to align with the customer on business processes and opportunities to improve them. You ask valid questions in order to identify the real drivers for optimization and make sure your ideas match with customer expectations.
- You are able to translate business opportunities and your ideas into solutions based on data analytics, machine learning, optimization, etc. by aligning with our team of data scientists and OR engineers.
- Someone who takes ownership of the project and feels responsible for reaching the overall goal of the project, together with the project manager.
- An entrepreneur focused on getting things done.
- Master’s in Economics, Applied Mathematics or equal.
- At least 1 year of business experience in areas such as business consultancy, business analysis, process optimization, data analytics or other quantitative business-oriented roles. Preferable within different industries.
- Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals, set priorities and resolve issues at an early stage.
- Affinity with technologies like R, Python, Spotfire, PowerBI, etc. is a clear plus.
- Strong communicator, sociable and motivated by client focus, contact and interaction.
- Able to align people and processes to reach a common goal.
- Curious, flexible and able to quickly come to the essence of a problem or a situation.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to fluently communicate in Dutch, French and English.
- Ability to work in a team, and at the location of the client.
Je wordt gedreven door
Wat we bieden
- Immediate excellent pay and conditions
- A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
- Ample opportunities to develop yourself
- Optimal work-life balance (self-steering on when and where to work)
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 39 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1,000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 1,200 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.