Senior Software Engineer
Wat we bieden
Wat we bieden
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can start contributing right away, but even more importantly we would like to find someone who has a mindset and is excited to learn, grow, and adapt over time. You have several years of experience in a role as a software engineer, lead developer, or software architect.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is always seeking for the best abstraction and refactoring opportunity
• Knows what domain modelling is and can use it a daily basis to build long-lasting services
• Appreciates writing tests as much as building the feature itself.
• Can translate the strategic and product vision of GRESB into a long-term software architecture for the team.
• Has a keen interest in what it takes to nurture an energizing culture and a high performing team.
The team consists of product owners, software engineers, UX designers, and data scientists coming from various backgrounds. We’re currently with a total of 16 people coming from 12 different nationalities. In 2021 we will significantly grow the team, mainly in terms of software engineering capabilities. We embrace and value agile thinking, open communication and a collaborative spirit.
You will help us maintain and extend our platform. This involves upgrading and refactoring older components as well as writing new well tested features. We are open to new ideas that will help us deliver more value, more efficiently, and more scalable by redesigning parts of the products and processes.
GRESB is currently in a transitional phase, which means we are focusing our efforts on streamlining the codebase so that we can innovate and grow rapidly and sustainably over the next few years.
You are a “force multiplier” with excellent communication and mentoring skills, helping other developers to increase their craftsmanship. You:
• have strong professional skills
• are a self-starter
• thrive on change and creating business impact.
• have a very pragmatic approach
• can function at your best in a company in a transitional phase
You should also have a proven track record of creating and implementing a technology architecture that supports a business strategy in a start-up/scale up environment.
Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Memcached, StimulusJS and a sprinkling of Grape, Go and React. It's deployed on AWS via a CI/CD pipeline.
Our key requirements are:
• Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
• Knowledge of relational databases
• Experience with object-oriented programming
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• Strong architecture skills
Experience with the following will be considered a plus:
• DevOps (AWS, Docker, CI/CD, Kubernetes)
• Experience with Java or any other typed and compiled language
• Experience with NoSql databases
• Bootstrap / SASS
• React / Redux
• Working on a Rails project with a team of three or more Developers
• Moving from a Majestic Monolith to the Citadel
• Change management processes
• Improving engineering processes
In deze baan vind je:Specialisme & Diepgang & Energie
Wat we bieden
• 25 days of paid holidays
• Competitive salary package
• Contribution to GRESB pension scheme
• Personal development budget of €2500 annually
• Company provided laptop and equipment
• Take care of the process in obtaining a work or visa permit
• Free public transport to and from the office inside the Netherlands
• Free lunch and fruit delivered to the office
• Work from home or work from the office. We have adopted a hybrid way of working that supports your preference (depends on COVID regulations). Our office is in Amsterdam.
• A lot of [digital] fun things such as coffee roulette, birthday drinks and a zoom quiz.
At GRESB we are building a sustainability data platform that is used by investors world-wide. Our platform allows investors and managers to get meaningful and actionable data that enables them to improve their assets' ESG performance and reduce their footprint on the planet.
The GRESB team comes from diverse backgrounds with experience spanning climate, sustainability, data science, software development, real estate, infrastructure, and the capital markets. We’re passionate about tackling the sustainability challenge by providing insights that will enable investors to allocate the world’s capital in a more responsible way.
We are a fast-growing company with an energetic group of 50+ people, covering many different nationalities. We’re located in Amsterdam with satellite offices in Washington DC and Sydney.
We deeply care about creating a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas. We had shared lunches, regular happy hours and team retreats before the pandemic. Our ambition is to resume these activities when it is safe to do so.