Als je meer wilt weten over de cookies die wij gebruiken, de gegevens die daarmee verzameld worden en over jouw rechten op dit punt, lees dan ons privacybeleid.Toon details
Medior Full Stack (Ruby) Developer
At Quintel, we aim to help governments and organisations better understand how we will consume and produce energy in the future. Developers are responsible building and maintaining applications to provide this insight.
Quintel's main project is the Energy Transition Model, made up of two parts: the ETModel frontend and ETEngine backend. We're committed to our work being as open and transparent as possible, and many of our projects are open-source.
What you will be doing
Quintel is a small company, and your contributions as a developer can therefore have a huge impact. Developers at Quintel may one day be working on application code calculating energy flows or network loads, and on the next will be crafting beautiful front-end user experiences.
- You will work on application code written mostly in Ruby, and front-end code written with JavasScript.
- Time is split between maintaining existing applicatons and code, and building new features for internal Quintel users and our clients.
- Developers collaborate heavily with Quintel's energy transition experts to make complicated ideas appear simple.
Wie we zoeken
- You care about shipping high-quality features and have an eye for simplicity.
- You are a generalist who feels as comfortable working on the frontend and user-experience as on backend application code.
- You are capable of seeing a project from initial design, through development to delivery; frequently as part of a team but also independently as needed.
- You will use existing technologies whenever possible, but are not afriad to create new systems from scratch when no appropriate solution already exists.
- You're comfortable working with and designing JSON APIs.
- Our model is intricate with many interacting pieces; you should be at ease debugging, tracking down errors and unexpected results, and diving deeply into our stack to understand how everything works.
Our technology stack
- Ruby is the language of choice for most application code. Ruby on Rails is frequently chosen when a web framework is needed. Experience with Ruby is a significant bonus.
- MySQL is used for persistent data storage.
- Git is used to version control our applications, and also by our energy transition experts to manage data.
- Linux / Ubuntu Server powers our servers with Ansible used for configuration management.
Je wordt gedreven door:
Wat we bieden
- An inspiring team of creative experts.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- A great office location on the canals of Amsterdam.
- A work environment which never fails to challenge, but also highly rewards the effort.
We answer questions like: "If everybody switched to electric cars, how many solar plants would have to be built?". The ETM is used by governments, companies and teachers to evaluate strategies dealing with events like high fuel prices, diminishing gas reserves and disruptive technologies.
Quintel develops the Energy Transition Model and is a Dutch (grown up) startup, with an office in the centre of Amsterdam. Our team gets the work done during office hours, so that we can enjoy our evenings, with the occasional after-work drinks.