Senior Service Manager
Tata Steel Velsen-noord
We are looking for a Senior Service Manager to further improve and professionalize our IT service delivery processes. In this role you are managing and improving the service provisioning and quality within multiple complex vendor contracts to keep the customers satisfied.
As a Senior Service Manager you are the main contact to our customers for the services provided by our Application Maintenance & Support team. You prevent escalations by monitoring vendor performance and ensures pro-active problem management to drive structural solutions. As well as review and challenge the quality and continuity of the delivered services, gains insight in the exceptions of services and analyses the impact and risks.
To be successful in this role you should get your energy from being in contact with different stakeholders on various levels and mediate between all their different interests. You are someone who is always investing in the relationships and who has an internal drive to work problem solving oriented and always looking for solutions.
In this role you will report directly to the Manager of Application & Maintenance & Support and work closely together with the Service Management team. Our company is at the forefront of the Smart Industry movement. We produce in a smart and effective way 24 hours and 7 days a week, by using automation and robotization, among other things. You will get the opportunity to shape the role and structure the service management in the best way possible.
Furthermore, you are expected to:
- Ensure services are provisioned by our Vendors (partners, suppliers and contractors) as agreed in their contracts is in line with our standards. You will help to initiate discussions on contract changes in order to optimise the service with the objective of obtaining the lowest possible cost;
- Evaluate the Vendor performance and business satisfaction in order to identify service improvements and possible innovations;
- Initiate discussions with the Vendors, Architects, BRM's and Programme Managers to improve the service provision of the Vendor and to develop service and technical roadmaps;
- Lead transformation initiatives to optimise the IT landscape and manage our Vendors for all the required transformation deliverables;
- Represent service management in the role of Senior Maintenance in Project Boards and manage the transition of project deliverables into Business as Usual and/or the transition from the development Vendor to a support Vendor;
- Review if service requests of the business are in scope and budget of existing contracts, or that new agreements or contracts are needed;
- Agree with the Vendors the delivery and content of service reports;
- Define the necessary IT controls and tests, and manage Vendor activities on behalf of the auditors, to ensure compliancy with rules and regulations.
The candidate is expected to have;
- A relevant Bachelor/Master degree;
- At least 10 years' experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated vendor management experience with the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders, including senior level;
- Knowledge of contract- and vendor management, process improvement, and of project- and performance management around IT services;
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal, reading and writing);
- Ability to operate on own and as part of a larger team;
- Good in listening, summarizing and ask the right questions.
Je wordt gedreven door
Wat we bieden
A unique role at a global player in the industry. A job where you will find everything to make your work as Senior Service Manager interesting. You can also expect:
- A role in which you can be a company expert by bringing forth technological insights based on detailed research analyses. These insights are utilized in innovative process and product development projects;
- A salary that depends on your education and experience up to € 6500 gross per month;
- Very interesting secondary terms such as a variable profit sharing and a fixed end-of-year bonus of 2% and 8% holiday allowance;
- Minimum of 26 vacation days and 11.5 days ADV;
- Flexible working hours and a good work/life balance;
- A wide range of development and growth opportunities within Tata Steel;
- We start with a one-year contract.
The job is part of a unit within Group Information Services that is responsible for service management in order to obtain a reliable supply of IT services. This area is going through a significant transformation to enable the Digital agenda of TSE. Key objectives for the role include overseeing the performance of the partners and the transformation required to standardise and modernise the IT estate. The main clients of the job are users and managers in the business and within GIS the Business Relationship Managers, Programme Managers and Contract managers. The team "Application Maintenance & Support" consists of 6 service managers.
GIS is responsible for delivering the IT capability for Tata Steel Europe – from infrastructure to data centres, network, desktops, applications, projects, digital etc. With an ever greater emphasis on IT to facilitate work for all colleagues, the role is central to ensuring the service provided by the outsourced partners meets not only the contract agreements but also the business demand. The GIS organisation is around 150 people across the business relationship, project delivery and contract management teams supported by the enterprise architects and security & process excellence groups. The IT infrastructure supports over 15,000 end users across multiple geographies and is enabled through partners in IBM and Vodafone through a service management organisation.