Junior Networking Service Manager
Hit Rail B.V. Utrecht
The Junior Networking Service Manager (JNSM) is responsible for Hit Rail’s TCP/IP networking services for the European railway sector.
The JNSM coordinates the delivery, operation and maintenance of networking services to Hit Rail’s customers.
The JNSM works with a team that:
a) implements and delivers networking services,
b) provides first and second level support of network services.
The JNSM will be required to quantify and communicate service levels on a regular basis to company management and Hit Rail’s customers.
1. Manage the TCP/IP network and firewall
2. Coordinate the delivery, operation, monitoring and maintenance of the IP networking services.
3. Ensure registering and resolution of technical faults and change requests and coordinating their solving/implementation.
4. Implement cybersecurity measures, firewall and software settings and procedures in accordance with company policies.
5. Measure and report on service-levels and infrastructure availability and performance.
6. Make recommendations for improvement of networking services.
7. Track the budget of contracted services.
8. Assist in the definition of new technical services and architectures.
9. Assist in the writing of technical documents and procedures.
10. Maintain a permanent interaction with the Technical Director.
1 to 3 years (R) or higher (NTH) in a similar position, preferably as an employee or working for a European railway company (NTH).• Good knowledge and understanding of the networking and cloud industry.
• TPCP/IP, BGP, HSRP, IPsec
• Higher level network protocols: HTTP, FTP…
• Cisco router configuration
• Experience or knowledge about Firewall management
• Passion about IT networking. Curiosity and good understanding of networking standards and technologies.
• Self-organising, flexible, analytical, problem solving, able to define tasks, establish priorities, and implement according to plan.
• Strong communication and customer orientation.
• Time management, multi-tasking, team player and decision-making skills.
• Disciplined in a partial remote/tele-worker environment.
• Able to resolve conflicts of ‘not my responsibility’ and coordinate solutions in non-hierarchical environments.
• Willing to grow in professional and technical skills with support from Hit Rail.
Preferably based in the Benelux or Spain, the position requires regular travel of short duration (up to 20% of time) within Europe to participate in staff/coordination sessions and meetings with suppliers and/or Hit Rail’s customers.
Must also be willing to be periodically on-call 24/7 as on-duty manager.
English proficiency as working language.
Other languages, especially French and German are highly desirable. (NTH)
Wat we bieden
Depending on experience and qualifications, temporary contract eventually followed by a permanent contract.
Hit Rail is a private limited liability company with registered office in Utrecht, The Netherlands, established in 1990 by 10 national railways.
Hit Rail’s purpose is to help the European railway society to carry out international projects in the fields of data communications and information technology on a neutral and not-for-profit basis.
Hit Rail is responsible for managing the Hermes and HEROS secure data communications infrastructure, its services are used by over 50 railway companies from 23 countries.
Working at Hit Rail means working in a pleasant, informal, multinational working environment where remote working, team meetings and occasional to regular travel is the norm.
A compact team of high-impact professionals manage a network of technical suppliers providing high-quality IT solutions.
Periodical team meetings take place in Hit Rail’s working spaces in Utrecht, Brussels, Spain and elsewhere in Europe.
Skills development, professional and personal growth is expected and actively stimulated by the company.
Hit Rail offers excellent employment conditions and training opportunities.