You will be our first in-house UX Writer and be joining the newly formed and growing Product Design team. In order to give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our writers to craft copy that educates and empowers our customers. Whether it’s product copy or creating compelling storytellings to bring our brand to life, our Product Design team is responsible for pushing it forward.
You’ll not only work within the Product Design Team and Product division to define the language, and strategic messaging for our products. With your fellow creatives, you’ll develop and expand copy that expresses Dan’s unique brand voice and communicates the benefits and functionality of our products and features in a meaningful way.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
This role reports to the Head of Brand & Design and is located in beautiful Amsterdam.
What you’ll do
- Write, write, write. Consistently bring Dan’s brand voice and messaging to life in your writing, combining storytelling and narrative with feature and product details
- Anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final copy surprises and delights them.
- Help define, maintain and push forward Dan's voice and tone guidelines, seeding throughout the organization to get everyone excited and informed about the voice.
- Push beyond ‘just microcopy.’ Regularly try (and fail) to use new ways of structuring, designing, and explaining content to improve the user experience.
- 5+ years of copywriting experience at a brand or tech company (SAAS a major plus)
- You’re highly skilled in adapting the English language. You can write the same idea 20 ways, and you know exactly which 19 versions to toss out.
- You know every rule of writing, but you care more about how people actually interact with language in combination with digital design.
- Your experience proves that you are excited by complexity. You thrive when breaking down ubiquitous tech-speak into compelling microcopy.
- You always have a backlog of creative ideas on hand but can focus on what will be most impactful.
- Would be as mortified as Cersei Lannister during her walk of shame if they saw content go out with a grammatical or spelling error and would take action swiftly to make corrections in real-time.
- Regularly laugh at the copy you write.
In deze baan vind je:Energie & Sociale contacten & Specialisme
Wat we bieden
- Top notch equipment
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A game room for our Fifa tournaments
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from all over the world!
From our industry-improving products to our videogame competitions, our company culture is busy, productive and fun.
At Dan, we work, grow and build fast. Shaking up the industry and making a splash. We’re dreamers who roll up their sleeves and do the work. And transparency is our thing.
We think being kind is cool. That’s why we uplift instead of compete against each other. Unless we’re playing FIFA or frisbee.