Aviation Business Consultant
You will work as the leader and motivator of a group of talented consultants that is committed to our customer, Brussels Airport. You will be end responsible for the delivery of several challenging projects, ranging from data science POC’s to strategic capacity studies and sustainable software implementation. Pro-actively keeping the overview of all these projects whilst still having a hands-on mentality, focused on getting things done, will be your key to success for this job.
In the end, you will have the responsibility over a group of consultants working on an elaborated set of projects.
As Aviation Business Consultant you are a key player to advise our customer, Brussels Airport, based on mathematical decision and optimization models. You are a person of confidence for our customer, continuously seeking for the optimal way of cooperation and results for the customer. You are a strong and convincing communicator.
You are able to define & translate data into valuable models and process & decision supporting tools. Apart from this, you will also be involved in the coordination between IT and operations, crucial when building new solutions for our customer. This involves aligning with all stakeholders, analyzing processes, documenting procedures and pro-actively search for business opportunities at the client.
Thanks to your experience, you will be able to quickly add value to our team of highly skilled and motivated consultants, by combining your experience, expertise, hands-on mentality and knowledge.
- An experienced and ambitious professional who is challenged by working in a unique rapidly changing environment
- Inquisitive, quick-witted and able to quickly come to the essence of a problem or a situation
- Communicative, sociable and motivated by client/decision maker/colleague focus contact and interaction
- Someone who takes full ownership of the project and feels responsible for reaching the overall goal of the project.
- Someone who embraces the new way of working, based on the agile methodology.
- An intrapreneur focused on getting things done
- At least 4 years of business experience in areas such as process optimization, forecasting, data science, machine learning, or other quantitative business analytics techniques or software development.
- Highly focused and results oriented, able to identify goals, set priorities and resolve issues at an early stage.
- Strong communicator, sociable and motivated by client focus, contact and interaction. Able to align people and processes to reach a common goal.
- Able to fluently communicate in Dutch, French and English
Je wordt gedreven door
Wat we bieden
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere
- Ample opportunities to develop yourself
- Optimal work-life balance (self-steering on when and where to work)
- Inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1.000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 39 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1,000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 1,200 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.